Once again, Linds and Krista bring on the best of the health, wellness, and body positivity industries. This week's guest is DANIKA BRYSHA, is a curve model with IMG Models, the CEO of Model Meals, a leader in the health and wellness world, and an inspirational rockstar for everyone. Danika has been featured in InStyle, Shape, PopSugar, People, and many more publications. Her story has inspired thousands of women who are struggling with loving their body, their relationship with food and addiction, and transforming their lives.
Danika shares her story, which starts at a young age, battling with drug usage, fad chronic dieting, and being "the chubby girl", using her food to process her emotions. But that didn't stop her from being one of the best curve models in the world, after being discovered in a Bank of America. Needless to say, she took her insecurities and built a life for herself off of them.
Some of the most useful food/body tips you'll ever hear from this episode are:
- drop the FOOD RULES
- the answer to losing weight is "NOT trying to lose weight"
- it's never about the food, it's about YOU (your childhood, you mentality about yourself growing up, specific circumstances you were under)
- don't waste your energy on worrying about food, worry about YOUR DREAMS
- it's about how you FEEL after you eat food
- how much the MEDIA REALLY INFLUENCES the way you think about yourself